Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I took Clare to a chiropractor today. Really more of a "wellness" kind of visit. The doctor comes HIGHLY recommended by a good friend and as much sickness as Clare has had.... I figured what can it hurt? Clare has had a sinus infection for 9 weeks now. She had 2 rounds of antibiotics in March and now our ENT put her on 3 weeks of antibiotics.... so I am looking for a new answer!

It was actually really AMAZING. I am so glad I took her in. I really know very little about holistic medicine and I went in very leary, but open minded. My prayer was that I would get some answers on Clare's food allergies (like 'what is she allergic to?') and is there anything we can do to help her sinuses apart from more medicine.

For starters, Clare loved the doctor and assistants. Clare doesn't like anyone! Especially anyone who wants to touch her! But she even sat on the doctor's lap with no coaxing.

Dr. Moore felt all around Clare as she talked to her and made "adjustments" as she found things out of place. She only used her hand and light pressure and Clare was totally fine with it all. She said Clare's back and neck were out in the places that deal with digestion and sinuses. And her hips were out of place. (I knew this would all be the case.) Hopefully the adjustment will help her feel better.

Basically, her theory is that Clare has so many bad things in her body (wrong foods, enviornmental pollutions) that it backs everything up and when the sinuses fill there is no where for them to drain, so they stay congested. So onto food allergies....

The doctor did 'muscle testing' on Clare (through me). A bit odd if you've never experienced it. She asked me to hold my arm straight out and keep it there while she applied pressure. She said aloud all the different foods Clare eats. If Clare does fine with it, my arm stayed up. If Clare's body has a problem with that food my arm would drop. Fascinating! It was really bizarre, except that she was right on with every single thing she said. There were several things the pediatrician had recommended for Clare that I've been feeding her, but was unsure how Clare was digesting it. (If only she could talk!)

She also said Clare has a virus and a yeast infection. Which I would definitely agree with. So she gave us some Vitamin C caplets. And I'm supposed to rub Vicks Baby Rub on her chest every chance I get. (and put it on the bottom of her feet at night.)

The oddest treatment to me is this-- Soak some garlic in olive oil, dip a cotton ball in it and put it in Clare's ears with a warm compress over it every night. (We didn't get to this tonight.)

So I left her office with a list of "No" foods and "Yes" foods. I've been wanting that list for 18 months! So between the new diet, Vitamin C, and probiotic- Dr. Moore thought Clare would be a new girl by Friday.

So far Clare is not interested in drinking half and half (apparently the only milk product she CAN process) and she runs when I get out the Vicks rub, but I'm giving it my best shot for the next 2 weeks until we go back for a recheck. Pray we'd see some good results!!!


Here is Clare signing "Mommy"!!

No comments: